Windows modules installer worker is a system process of Windows Operating System. It is also known as tiworker.exe windows modules installer worker, and it helps in managing and removing the updates of Windows system.
Windows is the most popularly used and also one of the most stable operating systems in the world. Though it faces issues in terms of internet connectivity and other updates, it can still beat out the Mac in terms of performance and stability. Most of the times, Windows Operating System has a lot of background processes running and it consumes more CPU resources which effects the performance of the computer.
One of the problems faced by the Windows Operating System is the tiworker.exe windows modules installer worker issue. Tiworker.exe uses a lot of CPU resources and also the RAM in the Windows PC or laptop. In some cases, the fans make a loud noise in the CPU. Today, we are going to discuss in detail about what is windows modules installer worker, what it does, and how to fix it?
Also, check How to Netsh Winsock Reset Windows 10?
What Is Tiworker.Exe Windows Modules Installer Worker?
Windows modules installer worker checks the automatic updates of windows operating system. Windows module installer worker is necessary if you need to check the updates on your PC manually or while installing any updates on windows. But due to some issues in the tool, it can sometimes over utilize the CPU process and use higher percentage in the task manager. When such kind of issue occurs, the windows modules installer worker can slow down the entire system.
Is Tiworker.Exe a Virus?
As mentioned earlier, tiworker.exe or windows modules installer worker is not a virus. It is a part of the Windows Operating System package. So, you need not worry if your system will be attacked by a virus or malware because of the windows module installer worker. If you are still worried about this tool, you can run a virus check with the help of windows defender or any other antivirus present on your system.
How to Fix Windows Modules Installer Worker?
If you are looking out for solutions to fix windows module installer, then check the below mentioned solutions:
Disable Automatic Updates on PC
The main function of windows modules installer worker is to check for the updates on your computer and install the updates accordingly. So, disabling the updates on your windows system, can help you to overcome the windows module installer problem. To disable the windows updates, you can follow the below mentioned process:
- Firstly, open the run command by pressing the Windows and R button.
- Now, type services.msc in the run command and click on OK.
- Search for windows module installer in the search bar.
- Now, right click on the windows module installer and make the selection to manual. It is usually in automatic mode.
- Then, find the windows update.
- Now, you will find a dialogue box, select the startup type to manual or disabled based on the option you have.
- Select OK and reboot your system. Your system will work fine now.
There is an alternate method to fix tiworker.exe windows modules installer worker issue as well. Check below.
Run Windows Troubleshooter
Running windows update troubleshooter helps you to fix the tiworker.exe windows modules installer worker issue. You can do this by following the below mentioned steps:
- Go to settings and select update and security.
- Now, go to Troubleshoot and select windows update on your PC.
- Then run the Windows troubleshooter.
- The Windows Troubleshooter suggests the fixes to be done, and you can fix them accordingly.
Set Internet as Metered Connection
Following this method will not allow the windows module installer to consume more resources on your CPU, hence all the updates on your windows will be paused. You can set your internet as metered connection by following the process mentioned here:
- Go to Start and then click on the settings.
- Now, go to network and internet connection and then select the Wi-Fi option.
- Then, click on the advanced options.
- Now, you can set your internet as metered connection.
- If you are using an Ethernet connection, then it is recommended to set the updates to manual mode.
These are some of the best ways to fix windows modules installer worker or tiworker.exe issue on your windows operating system. If you have any doubts or alternate solutions to fix windows module installer, do let me know in the comment section below.