Did you get the error “iPad is disabled connect to itunes”, if yes you have checked on the right article. In this article, I covered in detail on how do you unlock a disabled iPad?
IPad gets disabled after entering the passcode 6 times. You might not be able to access the ipad due to the error “iPad is disabled connect to itunes.” By following the detailed guide provided in this article, you can unlock iPad and use it again.
Though you might be able to access your iPad with the below mentioned steps, it is requested to keep the backup of your data with iTunes.
How Do You Unlock a Disabled iPad?
As mentioned earlier, if you have already taken data backup of your iPad, then you can follow the below mentioned steps to unlock a disabled iPad:
Restore iPad using iTunes Backup
If your ipad is disabled connect to itunes and follow this fix:
- Connect your iPad to iTunes with the help of Mac or PC and synchronize it with your device.
- If your PC is not having iTunes installed on it download it from the official iTunes website.
- If you have a passcode for iTunes, then enter the passcode and enter the iTunes. If you forgot the iTunes password, then follow the other method given below.
- Now, right click on the icon of the device when it appears on the sidebar of the iTunes and now click on the “back up” option.
- Wait for the iTunes software to sync with your device and then make the backup.
- Once the synchronisation is done, click on restore iPad.
- Now, when you are at the setup option, click on the restore from iTunes backup.
- Now, select the iPad and wait for the iTunes to restore your data.
- After completing the above mentioned process, the data is synchronised with the iPad and it starts working.
In case, if you are unable to unlock iPad with iTunes, then you can follow the alternate method provided below. But, using this method your data might be lost. However, your device starts working properly.
Also, read: Best Way To Cool Laptop While Gaming
Erase iPad and Fix it by Removing the Passcode
As mentioned earlier, this method will wipe of the data present on your iPad and it resets the device as a fresh one. Unless you have a cloud backup of your data, you cannot restore on your iPad. So, it is recommended to always keep your data in iCloud of any Ios device you own.
Now, follow the steps mentioned below, to erase data on iPad and remove the passcode.
- Connect the iPad to your system and open iTunes.
- Now, force restart your iPad by holding the home button and power button simultaneously till you see the recovery mode screen.
- You will observe below kind of mode when the iPad goes to recovery mode:
- You will observe the following pop-up on your computer screen, when running the iTunes.
- Now, click on the restore option.
- Wait for some time to restore your iPad.
- Now, follow the setup assistant and follow the instructions as given on the screen, to setup your device.
- If you already have your iPad backup on iCloud, then you can select the option “restore from backup.” Now, select iCloud as the backup from the list given by the iPad assistant.
- If you have not taken backup, then it is recommended to setup as a fresh device.
- Now, your “iPad disabled connect to iTunes” problem is fixed.
These are some of the best ways to fix “ipad is disabled connect to itunes” errors on your iPad. You can follow the same process to recover your iPhone and any other ios device. Do, let us know if you need any help with the “ipad is disabled connect to itunes fix.”