WeChat has been hailed as one of the best multimedia messaging apps for nearly a decade. This app has over 500 million downloads on the Google Play Store and is still counting. But after the sudden popularization of WhatsApp, the popularity of this app has quite has gone down quite a bit.
Lots of people try to delete their accounts before they leave a certain platform or an app, and the same case is happening here. Well, if you are someone trying to delete WeChat account, then read along. We have provided a step-by-step procedure of doing that down below.
How to Delete WeChat Account?
WeChat is one of those apps that doesn’t spam your smartphone with unwanted ads or any kind of notifications. Well, there might be quite a lot of reasons as to why one wants to delete a WeChat account. But let’s not delve into that and now check the steps that you need to follow to delete WeChat permanently down below.
Also, learn Nvidia control panel missing – Windows 7,8,10
The steps mentioned below are very easy, and all you need to do is follow them, and that would be all.
- If you don’t have the app, then Download and Install the app. Then log in to your WeChat accounts. Since you are planning to delete your account, it’s quite safe to assume that you have an active account. If you don’t remember the password, then follow all necessary steps and get that changed.
- Now, the very next thing that you need to do is clear you chat history. And for that, you need to go to the app settings. There you will find the “Clear Chat History” tab. Just tap on it, and this will remove all the messages present in the app.
- Now, WeChat had this option of linking different social media accounts like Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc. So, what you need to do is unlink all of those from your WeChat account, and for that, you have to go to the “My Account” option. There all the linked accounts will be present, and you can unlink them one after the other.
- With all that done, now comes the final steps. There is no direct button or tab that you can tap and that your accounts will get deleted. Instead what you need to do is go to the Contact Us, and from there you need to send a request about getting your account deleted. Write the reasons because of which you want to proceed and then send it.
- The WeChat support team will review and then process the request, and after a certain period of time, your account will get deleted.
After going through this whole process, you can delete the app from your phone, and that would be all.
As you can see the process to delete WeChat account is so easy and can be carried out with ease. But all it requires is a bit of patience and that you follow the steps one after the other. If you are expecting to get a reply from the WeChat team, then you can forget about that as they won’t be sending any conformation of the account deletion.
We hope that the provided information has been of help to you. And if you have any further queries about this, then you can leave a comment below, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.